Happy Full Moon!
Tonight's full moon is in emotional, watery Cancer, the sign of nurturing, family, and home; and the sun is in hardworking, earthy Capricorn, a practical, grounded sign.
It is a perfect combination for thinking about what really needs to get done, and also how we can go about getting it done with care and kindness.
Full moons are all about visibility and release. The full moon shines its' brilliant light into the deepest corners of our truths so we can see what is really going on. Then it asks us to recognize what isn't working and let that go.
I can't think of a more perfect preparation for a new year.
If you are ready to release what isn't working before 2021, here is a very simple Full Moon Releasing Ritual to try tonight:
1. Sit in silence. Close your eyes. Breathe. Ask yourself: What am I holding too tightly that isn't working?
2. Write down your answer (whatever comes to you is ok) on a piece of paper and fold the paper closed.
3. Place your paper in the light of the moon tonight. You can put it outside or on a window sill. You can add some extra magic by placing it under a special object, a crystal, or anything that feels meaningful to you. Allow the moon to shine its light on your intention to release.
A couple things to note:
1. If it's cloudy- that's ok. The moon is still there. This is all about intention.
2. If you are hesitant to release what you wrote down, that's ok too. Whatever came to you is what you needed to feel right now. You might not be ready to release it immediately but you can still perform the ritual and ask for support. Trust your intuition.
After you do your Full Moon Ritual, if you are ready to take the next step towards welcoming 2021 with sacred intention, join Anjali and me for a new kind of New Year's Planning Ritual, one with no resolutions to break, but rather one infused with vision and soul.
Join us from 1-3 PM this Friday, January 1st for Your Sacred New Year: A New Year’s Day Workshop & Ritual to Step into 2021 with Vision, Intention & Soul
If you are ready to complete the release of 2020 and call in your vision for the coming year from the place of your sacred soul, I hope you will join us.
Happy Full Moon Releasing!